Thursday 7 January 2016

1. India Rubber Ball, Pressure Drop

Beer Number 1

India Rubber Ball

Brand: Pressure Drop
Consumption date: 7th January
Description: Citra IPA with Clementine
Nationality: British/English
ABV: 7.2%
Source: Oddbins
Price: £3 per bottle

What attracted me to this beer?
I've been a fan of the Pressure Drop brewery for a while. They can generally be relied upon for a good beer. Particularly in the Pale ale style. Added to that the eye catching label draws me in with its geometric shapes and deep red colour. Furthermore the appeal of a 7.2% strength further solicits me. Lucky here that I didn't notice the clementine flavouring until after I'd purchased this as my previous interactions with Orange beers haven't been expressly enjoyable.

Pleasantly strong this is a bottle conditioned Citra style IPA. The clementine flavour addition is light and doesn't make a huge impact on the taste. It's major effect is on the aroma with a clear orange nose alongside the hops. Evidently it also adds colour to the beer which, far from its "pale" description, takes a quite thick dark amber set honey colour. The taste is fairly bitter, staying on the tongue for a reasonable time length after swallowing. This ale is pleasing to the taste and one that I would probably drink again.

The hit comes with the price. £3 is fairly steep for a shop sourced beer and certainly would take it's toll on the wallet with a sustained purchase run, despite that I would still recommend you try this one.

My overall rating for this beer:

 3.5 beers out of 5!




1 comment:

  1. An eloquent start to this beautiful voyage. I too am drawn to geometric shapes on beer bottles.

    ReplyDelete