Friday 29 January 2016

5. Stone Saison, Stone Brewing

Beer 5 - Stone Saison

Brand: Stone Brewing
Consumption date: 12/01/16
Description: Spiced Saison with lemon thyme and lavender
Nationality: USA (San Diego)
ABV: 6%Source: Brewdog bar, Clapham Junction
Price: Too much for a bottle (Price not remembered)



I always thought it was going to be a challenge to complete this beer 366, but I had not fathomed how much more difficult it was going to be to document the beers as well. So here we are two weeks later writing about a beer I remembered drinking. None-the-less I hope you enjoy my memory notes on this beer.



To the main event - The Stone Saison. The saison is a beer style that has been gaining my attention from a number of breweries as 2015 was drawing to a close so when I saw this flying the flag solo for Saison beers at the Brewdog bar it was a likely choice. But what can I say about this beer? It was drinkable, it didn't have me ranting and raving about it, but I was suitably satisfied, but it's certainly not going to be challenge for any top 5 honours in my list. This is not a beer I will be ordering again. Perhaps you might take more of an interest than I, although I imagine that will depend upon your palette. For me this beer was flavoured beyond need with the herbs adding too much of a spiced floral note. I do not condone this in my beer.

My rating for this beer:

1.5 Beers out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment