Friday 15 January 2016

3. Khukuri Lager

Beer number 3


Khukuri Lager

Brand: Khukuri
Consumption date: 10th January
Description: Premium Nepalese Lager
Nationality: Nepalese
ABV: 4.7%
Source: Le Raj restaurant
Price: £6.50 (660 ml bottle)


When looking for a refreshing beer to wash down a lovely curry, I'm used to choosing between Cobra and Kingfisher so it was a pleasant surprise to see an alternative at Le Raj restaurant in Epsom Downs.

At £6.50 for a 660 ml bottle it's not exactly cheap but relatively in line with restaurant prices today. It might have been something to do with the spice of my beef vindaloo, but the Khukuri went down very smoothly and quickly for a large bottle.

Given the assault on my taste buds from the curry, it's perhaps a bit difficult to judge the taste of the beer, that said it did a good job of cooling my mouth whilst being refreshing and enjoyable at the same time. Perhaps Khukuri would be a different experience without accompanying a hot meal, but this was a solid, if slightly expensive lager which I would certainly drink again if given the chance.

My rating for this beer:

3 beers out of 5!





No comments:

Post a Comment