Monday 15 February 2016

11. Hackney Golden Ale

Brand: Hackney Brewery
Consumption date: 12th February
Description: A light and refreshing golden ale with a hoppy aroma
Nationality: English
ABV: 4.0%
Source: The Wheatsheaf Pub, Tooting
Price: £4.10 (pint)

This is the first beer on this blog that I enjoyed so much I didn't even think to take a picture of it. That said this doesn't concern me too much as I know I'll be back for more soon. I'll admit to being saddened and slightly bitter about the fact my regular after work pub no longer stocking my previous favourite Friday night tipple, the Hackney Session IPA. However my favourite brewers north of the river have a further string to their bow in the form of the Hackney Golden Ale, a cask beer served at a very reasonable £4.10 per pint.

Beer served through handpumps are something of an unknown entity for me - while I have dabbled from time to time, I'm yet to find one I love enough to keep going back for more...until now. It's taken a bit of time to acquire the taste for Hackney Golden Ale but its citrusy aromas and light flavour give it a very refreshing and enjoyable taste. Very much a session ale, one can see why Hackney Brewery are starting to make waves in the London beer scene. Will definitely drink again.

My overall rating for this beer:

4 beers out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment