Sunday 7 February 2016

8. Wild Boar India Pale Ale, Buxton Brewery

Wild Boar India Pale Ale

Brand: Buxton Brewery
Consumption date: 7th February
Description: Straw colour pale ale with spicy lime and mango aromas
Nationality: British/English
ABV: 5.7%
Source: Honest Brew
Price: £12 for 6 bottles (£2 each)

It's a big sporting day - Man United play Chelsea in what could be the most uninspiring 0-0 in history in the afternoon ahead of the Super bowl between the Broncos and the Panthers tonight. Even with work tomorrow this must be a day for a drink. Fortunately having received my delivery from Honest Brew a few days ago I'm fully stocked for the festivities.

Pleasantly the football was slightly better than it promised to be, let's hope the Super bowl keeps up the entertainment. But now to the main event. How was the beer?

The Wild Boar is a typically quaffable IPA. The aftertaste is fairly bitter and perhaps has faint notes of those fabled fruits from the description but is predominantly just a clean malt flavour. The bottle keeps a significant yeasty deposit once complete, but it's better there than in my mouth so I've got no issues on that.

For my first beer from Buxton brewery it is a strong introduction and leaves me with interest to return.

My overall rating for this beer:

4 beers out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment