Wednesday 2 March 2016

14. Beavertown Gamma Ray

Beer number 14 - Gamma Ray

Brand: Beavertown
Consumption date: 17/02/15
Description: American style Pale Ale
Nationality: English
ABV: 5.4%
Source: The Brewmasters Beer Festival, Clapham Grand
Price: ~£3.50

Beavertown are fast becoming one of my favourite local brewers and it's great to see their beers appearing in more and more venues. My relationship with Beavertown didn't start on the best note - their "Smog Rocket" smoked porterhouse was not to my tastes at all, to the point where I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Shameful, I know.

Undeterred, I was soon reacquainted with Beavertown and Gamma Ray has proved to be a bold flavoured smooth beer which is perfect for a session, even if it is above session strength. It's a tropical number - like the can, it's full of exotic flavours. The "Amarillo" hops seem to be showing up in many of my most enjoyed beers and it's no surprise to find them here too. Being at a beer festival I tried quite a few - it was a bit hit and miss, so it was a pleasant relief to find a familiar choice behind one of the bars. 

I fully recommend this beer and will be drinking it again and the next opportunity.

My rating: 4 beers


No comments:

Post a Comment