Tuesday 15 March 2016

20. Gipsy Hill Southpaw

Beer 20 - Southpaw

Brand: Gipsy Hill
Consumption date: 7/3/15
Description: Amber Ale
Nationality: English
ABV: 4.2%
Source: We Brought Beer
Price: £1.67 (part of 6 for £10 offer)


Gipsy Hill are fast becoming one of my go-to beer choices. After a splendid experience drinking the Hepcat, I was curious to sample another of Gipsy Hill's staple beers. Although it was not quite as to my tastes as the Hepcat, this is a very drinkable amber ale with plenty of flavour - a nice not too bitter "sessiony" taste leaves a pleasant aroma in your mouth.

I'm informed that Hagen and Hyde in Balham have Southpaw as well as other Gipsy Hill beers on draft. This is a prospect that excites me a lot - watch this space.

I give this beer 3.5 beers out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment