Saturday 12 March 2016

18. Sorachi Saison, Adnams Brewery

Beer number 18 - Sorachi Saison

Brand: Adnams Brewery (For Marks and Spencer)



Consumption date: 12/03/16
Description: Crisp, refreshing beer brewed with the distinctive Sorachi Ace hop
Nationality: English
ABV: 6.0%
Source: Marks and Spencer
Price: £1.95


I've been enjoying the Marks and Spencer beer range of late. There are a fair few good ones, and at relatively affordable prices. I'd seen the Sorachi Saison before and assumed it wouldn't be to my taste from the packaging. It turns out I was wrong. Having accidentally stumbled into drinking a Sorachi Ace hop beer a few weeks earlier which I enjoyed greatly I thought I would give this one a go. Whilst it doesn't quite live up to my previous experience this beer still has appeal and is a pleasant drink. Certainly a spiced and citrus taste to begin with this beer leaves a long bitter aftertaste that even starts to turn slightly acrid before it finally begins to fade. Only lightly carbonated the head vanishes quickly and I'm not having the displeasure of frequent oral gas to bring the acrid taste back so it's just at the right level on that front. As the beer warmed progressively through consumption complexity draws out in the flavour and perhaps I would suggest you want to give this one 10-15 minutes out of the fridge before you lift the lid. I certainly wish I had. I like my beer to have character and this one certainly does not fade into the background. I do imagine it could have a some sort of love it or hate it Marmite style effect on you. For me it falls on the positive side of the fence.

My rating for this beer:

3.5 beers out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment