Wednesday 2 March 2016

16. Gipsy Hill Hepcat

Beer 16 - Hepcat

Brand: Gipsy Hill
Consumption date: 1/03/15
Description: Session IPA
Nationality: English
ABV: 4.6%
Source: We Brought Beer
Price: £1.67 (part of 6 for £10 offer)

I tried the Hepcat at the Brewmasters Beer Festival and it definitely stuck out as one of my favourites, so it was a pleasant surprise to receive a bottle as part of my Craft Beer starter pack as a replacement for the Southpaw which was out of stock.

I chose to consume my beer while in the bath, late one night. This is fast becoming my preferred way to unwind after a long day. I must be getting old.

Anyway, this was a top class beer experience, the most enjoyable I've had in recent memory. Hepcat is a lovely beer - often when a beer is described as "fruity" or with "citrus notes" or something similar, I find myself a bit disappointed. Either I don't taste it, or I do and it's not very nice. Hepcat on the other hand is spot on - it does taste fruity but with a nice maltiness that makes for an incredibly refreshing sip. 

I want much, much more of this stuff.

4.5 beers out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment