Tuesday 22 March 2016

22. West Coast IPA

Beer 22 - Treason West Coast IPA

Brand: Uprising
Consumption date: 18/3/15
Description: American Style India Pale Ale
Nationality: English
ABV: 6.0%
Source: Waitrose
Price: £1.99

Once again while popping into Waitrose for mundane items such as milk and bread, I found myself wandering over to the ever growing ale/beer section to see if there was anything interesting, and came across the Treason IPA from Uprising, a brewer I was not familiar with. Based in Windsor in Berkshire (West of London), Treason is an "American Style" IPA containing various American Hops.

At 6%, it packs a little punch while remaining a smooth and well balanced beer with a pleasant hoppy aroma without much bitterness. Does it rank among the top IPA offerings? Probably not for me but I'd certainly be willing to give it another go and see if that flavour starts to grow on me. Good value at £1.99 but in my opinion there are better choices out there.

2.5 beers out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment